- 1c uncooked green lentils
- 150g raw walnuts
- 12oz frozen riced cauliflower OR 12oz cauliflower you riced in your blender or food processor
- 1tbsp cumin
- 1.5tbsp chili powder ????
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- optional: small pinch of salt
- soft taco size tortillas of choice (I like the Whole Foods 365 Almond Flour tortillas for this recipe)
- pico de gallo or fresh salsa of your choice ????????
- Mexican blend dairy or non-dairy cheese
- fresh avocado slices ????
- cilantro for garnish
- dairy or non-dairy sour cream
- Sliced Jalepeño
- Cook green lentils according to package instructions. I like to have final texture of lentils be more firm than soft, but you can cook them to your favorite texture.
- Meanwhile, using your blender or food processor (I recommend a Blendtec), pulse walnuts and 1tbsp nutritional yeast until a sand-like texture is reached.
- Heat riced cauliflower according to package instructions. If using fresh cauliflower that you’ve riced in your blender or food processor, steam in microwave before next step.
- Once lentils are cooked, drained, and returned to pot add in the warmed riced cauliflower, pulsed walnuts, and lime juice until combined. Mix in cumin, chili powder, pinch of salt (if using) and remaining 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast. Combine well.
- Taste- is there enough of the spices? Don’t be afraid to add more if there’s a flavor you want to enhance. Just remember that you can’t remove spices so taste frequently. ????????????
- Warm tortillas of choice.
- Add dairy or non-dairy cheese to bottom of tortilla if planning to use. Scoop desired amount of home made vegan ground beef into tortilla.
- Add on any additional items you like on your tacos! I’ve included a suggested list above but be creative. Add a side of chips and enjoy! ????
- If your Trader Joe’s carries the Chile Lime seasoning blend you can use that instead of lime juice. This will add sodium- be cautious if you’re following a low sodium diet.
- Prefer hard tacos? Use taco shells instead of soft tortillas.
- Not sure how to use the leftovers? Try making a taco salad or a burrito! Use it any way you would use ground beef. ????????
Hope you enjoy the tacos, and if you like them, consider leaving a tip and/or comment!