- frozen banana ???? chunks
- 1-2 tbsp of your favorite plant-based milk (I really like Ripple) ????
- fresh peanut or other nut butter ????
- pretzel pieces ????
- Ben & Jerry’s vegan chocolate chip cookie dough bites ????
- PB fit chocolate peanut butter powder
- peanut butter filled pretzel bites
- chocolate chips/chunks ????
- vegan whipped cream topping ????
- whatever you like in your ice cream ????
- Place frozen banana chunks ???? in your blender (I recommend a Blendtec and I use the twister jar for this recipe). The quantity of banana pieces you use depends on total servings you’re trying to make. I recommend using 1/2-1 full banana per serving. For example to make enough for 2 people use at least 1-2 frozen bananas worth.
- Add about 1 tbsp of plant-based milk ???? of your choice to the blender.
- Select the “batter” setting on your Blendtec and rotate the twister jar lid counter clockwise while it blends. Make sure to apply enough pressure to keep the lid on. If you don’t have a Blendtec, you can accomplish this step by blending your banana pieces ???? and milk ???? on a setting for your blender that effectively incorporates the 2 ingredients. Total blending time is about 45sec-1min but can vary depending on serving size, blender, and texture you’re trying to achieve.
- Blend until desired consistency is reached. You may need to take breaks and scrape the sides of the container. If the mixture is too thick, add more plant-based milk- but remember you can always add more plant-milk, you can’t remove it. If you find that you’ve added too much and now it’s too runny, add more frozen banana chunks to thicken it back up. I like to sometimes leave a few larger chunks of frozen banana just to give a nice chewy texture to the ice cream.
- If you’re using a powder mix-in like PBfit chocolate peanut butter ???? , mix that in now before removing everything from the blender. If you forget, you can always mix it in by hand later with a spoon.
- Once your desired consistency is reached, divide portions into your bowls or containers of choice. ????
- Add in any mix-ins you may like. I recommend Ben & Jerry’s vegan chocolate chip cookie dough bites ???? with a scoop of natural peanut butter ???? and some pretzel pieces ???? , but the sky’s the limit! Mix in anything you normally like in your ice cream and enjoy!
- Freeze the bananas in chunks. Don’t try and blend an entire frozen banana- trust me.
- Add any solid mix-ins by hand after you’ve portioned out the banana ice cream.
- If using a powder mix-in, adding while still blending is easiest.
- This nice cream is best consumed immediately after making.