- 1 loaf of Vegan Croissant Toast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 oz silken tofu
- 1, 13.5oz can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/2c sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2c frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the bread slices into 1 inch cubes. Remove 2c of mixed berries and leave out on countertop to defrost a bit.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with a nonstick spray and add bread cubes.
- Blend tofu, coconut milk, arrowroot, sugar and cinnamon in your high speed blender to make a custard.
- Pour custard over bread cubes. Push cubes down to ensure they all get wet, or leave some dryer areas if you like a crunchy crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 20min.
- Pour mixed berries over the top and bake for another 20min. It’s ok if the berries are still frozen when you add them.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Make sure your bread is dry- it works best if the bread is about 1 day past it’s best date. The dryer the bread the better the texture for this recipe. You can also substitute another type of french bread if you prefer.
- My husband and I like a mixture of texture so I like to only push down some of the bread and let other smaller areas remain untouched by the custard so that they come out a little crunchy. If you prefer soft texture make sure you have fully coated all of the bread pieces.
- Feel free to add more fruit if you like, 2c is an estimate of the amount I used.
- My husband really likes maple syrup on top; I prefer to keep it as is or to add some vanilla plant based yogurt ????