- 1 pre-made vegan pie crust (I like to use Wholly gluten free 9″ pie shells)
- 14oz block firm tofu
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-3 tbsp unflavored plant- based milk
- 1c dairy or non-dairy shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium white onion chopped or diced into bite size pieces
- 1 medium/large carrot or 6-10 baby carrots (whichever you have on hand) diced or sliced into bite size pieces
- Press the tofu block to drain as much liquid as possible. I usually press for ~20min
- Remove frozen pie crust to allow to thaw for ~10-20min or per package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric, lemon juice, and salt to high powered blender. Blend until smooth. If your mixture needs help mixing add in 1tbsp of plant-based milk at a time to assist in blending.
- By hand, stir in the onion, carrot (or other vegetables), and cheese of choice.
- Spread mixture into pre-made crust.
- Bake for ~40-45min or until crust sides and top of quiche are golden brown and filling appears firm.
- Slice and enjoy!
- You can use any vegetable you like. Carrots and onions are a little odd I know, but the flavor is really good and gives a great crunch texture. Be creative and try asparagus, mushrooms, parsnips, spinach, potatoes, any vegetable you like!
- Draining the tofu block is key! If your tofu is too watery this won’t work well- trust me. Consider buying a tofu press if you don’t already have one. I bought this one on Amazon and it makes draining tofu a breeze.
- If you’re feeling adventurous you can make your own pie crust instead of buying a frozen store bought option.
- Sprinkle some hemp hearts on top for an extra dose of protein and omegas.
- I recommend a really good blender for this recipe. You all know I love my blendtec. I use it as a blender and a food processor. Check out the link if you’re interested in the model I use.