- 1, 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1-2 celery stalks, cut into bite size chunks
- 1/4-1/2 orange bell pepper, cut into bite size chunks
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- pepper to taste
- Mash drained chickpeas in a medium bowl using a potato masher or fork. Mash until beans make a sort of paste with themselves- ok to have some larger chunks.
- Stir in vegan mayo, celery, and orange bell pepper.
- Mix in smoked paprika and pepper. Add more smoked paprika and pepper if needed. ????
- Serve on whole wheat bread or bread of choice with a side salad and your favorite vegetable chips ????
- Toasting your bread gives a whole new dimension to your sandwiches; I highly recommend it.
- Don’t be afraid to add more smoked paprika or pepper. Seasonings should be adjusted to what you like! ????
- Try this between 2 pieces of bread and your favorite melted vegan cheese. ????
- Try leftovers on crackers for a snack the next day.